The Polytechnic College owes its inception to the munificence and foresight of late Shri P.A.C. Ramasamy Raja, one of the foremost industrialists and philanthropists of this part of the country. He founded P.A.C. Ramasamy Raja Education Charity Trust in 1950 with the avowed object of establishing Educational Institutions. Established in 1963-64, as one of the Plan Schemes under the 3rd Five Year Plan, this Polytechnic College has grown phenomenally in the past 40 years.