Providence Women’s College, Calicut, Kerala, founded by the sisters of Apostolic Carmel came into being on 1st July, 1952. It was the sacred mission of Mother Veronica the foundress of the congregation to train young women who had embraced religious life and send them far and wide on vocations of service to the community. Providence Women’s College was the result of the efforts of such a committed group, headed by Mother Gabrielle, who became the Founder Principal. This was a dream come true for the young women in the Malabar region who had to otherwise go as far as Mangalore or Madras in search of a women’s college. Thus this college opened a new chapter in the annals of Malabar, as its first women’s college. The college is registered under the Apostolic Carmel Education Society, S No.4 of 1957, Calicut. The Managing Governing Body includes the Provincial Superior, Educational Secretary, the Principal, the Local Manager, a representative of the management and a religious staff nominated by the Provincial Superior.